Screencast script
How to find good community resources?
Introduction
Welcome to all of you guys! My name is Mathis Arseneault.
For those who don't know me I’m a correctional agent in the prison of Bordeaux. We are a prison with about 1300 inmates. It’s mostly sentences from 30 days to two years maximum. Because of that there's a lot of movement in the prison, a lot of inmates come and goes multiple times to their lives.
Like you I have a lot of problems finding the right resources for my inmates. I can't know them all! My colleague and I made a big binder with all the resources that we found, but none of them was there. Then, I remembered that in one of my classes in Cegep in my program youth and adult correction our teacher showed us a powerful website that we all used.
One of my big weaknesses was the ability to find resources for my inmates. They were asking me a lot of questions on the resources that I was giving them, but I didn't always have an answer for them. I have made a lot of research to find some resources. Also, I couldn't have all the resources available because I didn't know all of them.I have only been working there for a long time, but I have helped a good number of inmates and improved a lot.
I got a 98% on my entry exam. I have helped about 100 inmates in my only 2 years there.
I'm going to help solve this big problem of ours. I'm going to show you the best solution.
Stay and watch my step-by-step tutorial. If, you appreciated the video please live a like and subscribe to my Chanel.
I have a big surprise for you at the end of video.
The Problem
Let me explain my problem. A lot of inmates want to now resources for when they get out of prison. The only problem is that I don't know all of them. I made a binder with some of them but not all. During there sentences they try to make progress and have parole, but after they don't know were to go. It is imperative that I have the documentation to help them. I don't have a choice.
If we don't give them good resources they might end up back in jail.
For example, if one of my inmates was a homeless person I'm going to give him some resources with food banks or shelters for him not to die in the street. It could also reduce the impact of his crime under society and help him not commit another one.
When that happens, I know just the solution, I'm going to show it to you right now.
The Quest
First you open your browser and right the URL 211qc.ca. It will go directly to the website. When you're on the website you're going to see on the top of the page the navigation menu and on the far left corner your going to see the logo of the website.
At the top of the screen to the right in the navigation menu, you're going to see contact us. You have the option to call them if you want the phone number is 211. If you Scroll down with the scroll bar you are going to see in the middle of the page two option, the first option is to find a service with the name or with a keyword and the other one is by a topic. You can either click on the first text area to look with a zip code or on the second one the name of the service that you're looking for. The second method is just after the first one on the bottom of it. You can search in this website is by a topic, after clicking on one of the icons you are going to see other categories related to the topic that you choose. After clicking on the second icon, you're going to see a text area for you to write your location or the location that you want for their resources. Finally, after that, you're going to be able to see a list of resources in this category. If you want more precise resources to your location, you can click on the check box called “located in” under the logo of the website.
The Solution
If you want to find a resource for a homeless' person, for example. First of all, we're going to go into the section “by a topic,” after that, we're going to click on the icon “Food.” Once we click on it, we're going to click on the icon “Food assistance” and, enter in the text box our location. In this case it’s going to be Lachine. The last thing that we need to do is click on the check box in the top left corner under the logo “located in.” Now we have 5 results that could help our inmate we just need to select one by scrolling trough them.
The Conclusion
So, if you're a correctional agent or in a related field, that's how you can resolve the problem of finding resources for your clients by using the 211 website. Like I said it's a powerful website.
I hope my video was helpful to you just before you leave, remember to leave a like and subscribe to my channel that would really help me, show my video to your friends if they need this information and go to my blog for other content.
**************************************************************
Statistics
Word count: 921
Total MP3 length: 00:00
Target structure count: 9
Error count: 4
Error density: 1%
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire